Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Kidney Pain and The Devil's Carnival

So, I'm having this excruciating pain in my side and in my back.  It's not like when I pass a stone.  This is different.  It's been steady and not in waves.  I've also been peeing like there's no tomorrow.  And I haven't been drinking fluids like I should.  I've been drinking water and yesterday I drank my cranberry juice.

It could be a number of things.  A burst cyst.  Acute pancreatitus, cancer of the kidney.  You name it.  I've been researching it all morning long and like I said, it could be a number of things.  I should go to the hospital, but I'm hoping to go to The Devil's Carnival with my sister tonight.  I'm hoping she can make it up here.  Her little town got snowed in.  Something like 6 to 8 inches of snow.  The show is in Pittsburgh, and all they got was rain, like Clearfield did.

Ah, hell, I don't know what to do.  I'm actually afraid of going to the hospital for fear they will admit me.  I have some antibiotics left over from my last episode of kidney problems.  I think what I'll do is take them and if the pain persists, when I get back home, go to the hospital then.  That is IF I even get to go to the show.

If you press on my left side, it hurts.  And it's a steady pain.  It won't go away, even if I take my heavy duty pain meds.  I can detect no blood in my urine, but that doesn't mean there isn't any in there.  Last night, I went to bed early and peed like every two hours and it was a huge amount of pee too.  Like I drank a whole bottle of water before I laid back down.  I didn't drink any water all night.  There was some beside the bed for me to drink, but I didn't touch it.

On a plus side, tonight is the night that my poem, 'Cold Room' will be premiered on Whispers in the Dark.  A blog talk radio show.  My friend, Nikki and her friend, S.B. are the main guests of the show.  If I don't get to go to Pittsburgh, I'm listening in to the show and definitely calling in.  If I do go to the show, I'm gonna sneak out of the show and call in.  Just for a few minutes.  Then in May, I will be a featured guest on the show.  How exciting is that?!

Well, I'm gonna go and lay down again.  Try to get as much rest as possible until my sister calls me with the news that she's coming or not.  Please!!!  I don't want to miss the show.  The sun is actually shining here.  So hopefully, she'll make it up to pick me up.

That's all for now, darklings.

It's 8:49am right now.  Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line down the hole...