Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Wasted Effort


Nothing seems the same for me,
Not in this state of mind-numb-fuck.
Just release all the tension in a symmetric swirl.
The Time has evolved us.
Through her, we see what or who we become.
Do you ever wish to change something that you did?
Do you ever wish to go back in Time and change an event?
Seems like a wasted effort to me.
Seems like life can be a wasted effort too.
Taking it for granted every fucking moment.
Never thinking, “This could be my last breath.”
I lie awake each night and hope and wish that
Someone would come and take me away from
All this misery that’s around me.
My love has been hung way too many times.
I’m done.
I’m gone…I’m through with this.
I tire from weeping all throughout the day and
Before my head hits the pillow at night.
No you didn’t do this to me, I did it to myself.
I’ll continue doing this until I get it right.
Then I’ll know my purpose in life.


Copyright © Karen Elizabeth Waters 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line down the hole...