Thursday, June 21, 2012

Bottom of the Sea

I walk along the dark colored sand
In bare feet as the tide washes away
My sadness.
The sky and ocean are violet
And the sun has set and it is now twilight.
All the thoughts in my head that
I had long ago haunt me on this
Hot summer night.
My heart has been broken and
Split into two, by people pretending
To love me.
I’ve given all my love to those in my past,
And they’ve used and abused me like
The waves that crash upon the rocks
Of the shoreline.
I, bright, like the light from the lighthouse,
Shine and lead those who need my help
Out of the rocky waters.
But now, that light is out.
I am now the siren that sings to men; capture
Them by drowning them by
Swimming with them down to the
Bottom of the sea.
They are no more and I am safe from
Their hooks forevermore.

copyright © Karen Elizabeth Waters 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line down the hole...