Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Ghosts of Time


As I sleep,
I hear the sounds of
The past around me.
The ghosts of time
Come in and out of my head.
Telling me secrets about
Themselves and ones
I’ve kept from the world.
I walk through the cemetery
Where they are buried,
And tell them I miss them very much.
They don’t speak to me until I sleep
All snuggled under my covers with
My kitties lying beside me.
And that’s when they show
Themselves to me and tell
Me the things I didn’t know
And the things I did know about them.
They tell me they miss me too.
And I promise to keep them in mind
All the time.
They keep watch over me now and
I promise to do my best to make
Them proud.
Then I wake up for another day,
Never remembering what I said
To the ghosts, but I remember
Seeing them and I keep them
Close to my heart.

Copyright © Karen Elizabeth Waters 2012  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to drop a line down the hole...